A versatile and safe cleaner for a variety of cleaning tasksBorax Substitute is part of the non-toxic 'Clean and Natural' range. The EU has reclassified the 'Borate' group of chemicals that Borax belongs to, so it is no longer available as a cleaning and laundry product. However, Dri-Pak has a solution to keep all you loyal Borax fans happy. It still has all the same cleaning and laundry uses, but you get even more for your money!
Borax Substitute is sodium sesquicarbonate - a mineral compound, with similar pH to borax, making it ideal for cleaning and laundry. It is gentler than Soda Crystals yet stronger than Bicarbonate of Soda.
Using Borax Substitute around the house
Use Borax Substitute as a:
- Multi-purpose cleaner - Mix it with some water to form a paste. This makes it an excellent scouring agent that offers more cleaning power than Bicarbonate of Soda. Why not try it on the kitchen sink? It's ideal for cleaning shaving brushes.
- A water softener to help keep your washing machine clear of limescale.
- To make your own bath salts, simply add some perfume or essential oils and a drop of food colouring to some Borax Substitute.
- Borax Substitute was featured on BBC's 'Shop Well for Less' programme in August 2019 being used to clean carpet stains. In this instance, it was formula milk spills.
UK Shipping is free for all orders over £99. For orders under this amount the shipping cost will vary dependent on the shipping method required for the products in the order.
- Standard Shipping = £2.99
- Courier Shipping = £3.99
- Heavy Shipping (Over 10kg) = £6.99
Overseas shipping starts at £4.99 and varies dependent on the weight of the order as well as the destination country.
All shipping costs will be automatically calculated at checkout.
The following areas may require a delivery surcharge to be paid. We will contact you before shipping if this is the case.
- Scottish Highlands: AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50.
- Scottish Islands: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3.
We will endeavor to dispatch your goods on the same day or next working day orders will be sent via Royal Mail Second Class post or with a courier, dependent on the total weight and value of the order.
- Standard UK Delivery - 3-4 working days
- Europe - Up to 7-10 working days
- Worldwide - Up to 28 days dependent on location
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the billing and delivery address is correct on their order, once dispatched we will not be able to amend this.