Suitable for organic gardening
The Apple Maggot Monitoring Trap is perfect for tackling both apple and pear fruit moth damage.
Maggot damage in apples and pears is mainly caused by caterpillars of the codling moth. Females tend to lay eggs on the leaves and fruit, which hatch after 10-14 days. The caterpillars then bore into the fruitlets and feed on the fruit in early summer.
Each monitoring trap covers between three to five trees, luring the male moths and enabling gardeners to access the trap and treat with a suitable insecticide.
- Contains one pheromone lure
- Has a strong corrugated trap with hanger
- Separate refill pack contains one lure
Male moths tend to fly and mate on warm nights, so the trap is best used from mid-May to the end of July.
Easy to use, simply unfold the sticky insert and place it in the base of the trap. Place the monitoring lure on the middle of the trap and hang it from a tree.
The trap will monitor moths for five average size trees up to 12 metres apart.
UK Shipping is free for all orders over £99. For orders under this amount the shipping cost will vary dependent on the shipping method required for the products in the order.
- Standard Shipping = £2.99
- Courier Shipping = £3.99
- Heavy Shipping (Over 10kg) = £6.99
Overseas shipping starts at £4.99 and varies dependent on the weight of the order as well as the destination country.
All shipping costs will be automatically calculated at checkout.
The following areas may require a delivery surcharge to be paid. We will contact you before shipping if this is the case.
- Scottish Highlands: AB36-38, AB55-56, FK17-21, IV1-39, IV52-54, IV63, KW1-14, PA21-40, PH19-26, PH30-41, PH49-50.
- Scottish Islands: HS1-9, IV40-51, IV55-56, KA27-28, KW15-17, PA20, PA41-49, PA60-78, PH42-44, ZE1-3.
We will endeavor to dispatch your goods on the same day or next working day orders will be sent via Royal Mail Second Class post or with a courier, dependent on the total weight and value of the order.
- Standard UK Delivery - 3-4 working days
- Europe - Up to 7-10 working days
- Worldwide - Up to 28 days dependent on location
It is the responsibility of the customer to ensure the billing and delivery address is correct on their order, once dispatched we will not be able to amend this.